To post a job opening in a BGC Canada church on this site, please send the job description and contact information to the BGC Canada Office. If you are interested in being hired at a BGC Canada church, please send a completed Pastoral Profile and photo to BGC Canada Office. Once you have downloaded the Pastoral Profile please “save as” with your name and the date in the title. This is the only way that the document will save your answers.
The Bridge Church in North Vancouver is seeking a Director of Student Ministries who
will contribute to God’s ongoing Kingdom work in and through us. We are a growing,
multi-generational, multi-ethnic congregation in the Deep Cove-Seymour area of North
Vancouver. We are absolutely committed to the good news that has come to us through
the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus, and deeply desire to see our surrounding
community know this good news as well.
Our hope is that our youth and young adult ministries will increasingly look like the early
church community of Acts 2:42-47, where people joyfully met together because of a
deepening understanding of what Christ had done for them.
The Director of Student Ministries is a full-time position with a competitive salary (commensurate
with experience and education) and benefits. Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the youth ministry at The Bridge (Grades 8-12), which will include planning and leading regular events and Bible studies, teaching a youth class on Sunday mornings, leading a team of volunteer leaders, facilitating a sense of spiritual community among the teens, and connecting individually with teens
- Overseeing the young adult ministry at The Bridge (ages 18-25ish), which will include building relationships with young adults, leading and planning regular meetings, and equipping young adults for mission in their various contexts
- Participating as a member of The Bridge Church staff team in weekly meetings and in helping set overall direction of the church under the leadership of the Lead Pastor
- Role will include opportunities to exercise other areas of giftedness
- Must agree with The Bridge Church statement of faith (http://www.bridgenorthvan.ca/about/our-beliefs)
- Must have relevant education (eg. Biblical studies, Christian studies, etc.). A bachelor’s degree or more in a related field would be considered an asset
- Relevant experience in leading youth or young adult ministries
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a growing relationship with Jesus as Lord and Saviour and wants others to know Him
- Is a gifted communicator, able to present biblical truth in a clear and engaging way to teens and young adults
- Is highly relational
- Has a fun personality that connects well with teens and young adults
- Is a self-starter
- Is a competent administrator
- Has a desire to grow the youth and young adult ministries at The Bridge Church
- Apply with a resume by email to our Lead Pastor, Craig Thiessen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Target start date for position is August 1, 2019 (negotiable)
For more info on our church, visit www.bridgenorthvan.ca
As the Technical Production Coordinator for Grant Memorial Baptist Church (GMBC), the incumbent will work as a contributing member of the Worship Ministries Team with a clear focus on technical support for Sunday services and occasional events, as required.
The incumbent will oversee the technical production for worship services, Audio Visual Technical (AVT) development, implementation, and training requirements for GMBC. Responsibilities will include providing ongoing support to end users with technical support for audiovisual equipment, digital equipment, and software/hardware related to technical production for uses in the sanctuary.
General office hours are 8:30 to 4:30 Monday to Friday. This position is a full-time equivalent position equal to 37.5 hours per week. There is a requirement to work at least one evening per week and Sundays, as needed to meet the requirements of the position.
- Work with the Creative and Music Teams to plan, organize, and effectively execute quality weekend services and special events (as requested), providing technical support to generate and deliver proper solutions for all multimedia use.
- Ensure timely upload of service plans and other events.
- Develop and oversee live streaming of services and events with a responsibility to upload messages to the website effectively and efficiently.
- Works collaboratively with Creative Team to design staging and set elements.
- Supervises and assists with set and stage construction and management.
- Oversees visiting productions and rentals including orienting guest speakers, bands, etc, to safety, technical characteristics and other areas of facility operations.
- Provide technical support for weekly rehearsals, ensuring all aspects of Sunday services are dealt with in advance of the service.
- Lead technical production specific to special events, as designated as well as Sunday services; or ensure alternate supports are in place.
- Awareness and approval of weekly activities (not related to Sunday services) in the sanctuary.
- Provide ongoing AV support for the sanctuary on Sundays to end users including installation, maintenance, training, and end-user technical support/troubleshooting of hardware and software for all audiovisual equipment including LCD projectors, monitors, TV’s, DVD players, overheads, cameras, sound equipment, etc.
Email Applications to email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Once a suitable candidate is selected
PLEASE READ FULL JOB DESCRIPTION BELOW BEFORE APPLYING
|Technical Production Coordinator Job Description FINAL.pdf||73.31 KB|
Westview Baptist Church with 250+ membership in the beautiful coastal community of Powell River, BC has an available part-time leadership position in our worship ministry.
WBC is looking for a servant leader with strong organizational skills who is able to lead, encourage and grow our worship teams. The successful candidate will be a strong team builder, able to work with people of different age groups, and sensitive to the needs of a multigenerational congregation.
WBC enjoys joyful, contemporary worship services. The building is modern and spacious with a recently updated digital sound system. Our vision focuses on missional outreach in the community and healthy relationships through our group ministry.
While this position is part-time, there is another part-time ministry opportunity in Powell River through Young Life Canada as an outreach youth worker. These two positions can be complementary and form a full-time ministry position for candidates with experience in both worship and youth. For more information on the youth worker position, contact Young Life Canada: www.younglife.ca.
Ebenezer Baptist Church is searching for a dynamic, relational, visionary and godly leader to join our staff team as Children’s Ministry Pastor to give leadership and oversight to our entire children’s ministry area (nursery to grade 5). Although this is a full time position, we would be open to a shared position.
As Children’s Ministries Pastor, you will be responsible to recruit, develop and lead a team of volunteers. As well, you will be asked to develop and monitor an administrative structure that will effectively support the entire children’s ministry area.
We are looking for a passionate leader with an authentic and growing walk with God who loves and understands children, feels called to minister to them and their families, and has the proven ability to work with others in team. If this is you, please forward a letter of interest, current resume (including formal ministry training and experience) and three references to Pastor Leyton Erickson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This position opens February 2019 with a start date that will be mutually negotiated. Applications will remain open until March 1, 2019 or until we find the right candidate. A complete job description can be provided at your request.
Ebenezer Baptist Church is located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. We are an established, yet vibrant and growing church with a rich history of ministry. Our average weekly attendance is about 750-800 in two services. As well, we work alongside four additional partner congregations.
Our church is committed to making disciples of all nations and all ages! Many young families, college students, Jr. & Sr. High students and children call Ebenezer home and our median age is about 35. We also highly value our community and seek to serve them.
Full job description below.
|EBC Children's Ministry Position. 2018.pdf||326.88 KB|
Lakeside Baptist Church is a caring family dedicated to serving Jesus Christ by addressing the spiritual, relational, emotional and physical needs of people in Kenora and beyond.
To help our membership continue to grow in grace and wisdom, we are looking to add to our team, a new position of Connections Pastor. The Connections Pastor will report directly to the Senior Pastor.
The goal of the Connections Pastor is to assist the Senior Pastor in equipping, mentoring, and supporting our volunteer leadership with the necessary skills and motivation to mentor other disciples of Christ. They are responsible for leadership, team building, and the development and implementation of volunteer ministry in the church. The Connection Pastor’s overall vision is to ensure all attending Lakeside Baptist Church (LBC) are able to find an appropriate place to serve in ministry. They are to encourage, motivate and challenge all attendees to walk ever deeper with Christ in their personal commitment of faith.
The six main areas of focus for a Connections Pastor at LBC: Education, Small Groups Ministry, Volunteer Coordination, First Impressions Planning, Membership Enhancement, and Visitation, which are described in detail in the Connection Pastor’s Role Description, and available to interested candidates.
Qualifications are as follows:
Must be Biblically sound, adhering to the doctrine, values and beliefs of the Baptist General Conference of Canada, as well as Lakeside Baptist Church’s own Statement of Faith and Values. The right candidate will be prayerfully devoted to their Lord and Saviour, highly relational, fluid in current ministry practices, and a continuous learner, with a desire to go ever deeper in their own Spiritual walk and commitment to Christ. This candidate will be keenly interested in investing in others to see them walk and commit as deeply to Christ as they seek to be and do. The candidate will ideally have 4 – 5 years related ministry experience and post-secondary education in theology or related ministry. The candidate will have clearly demonstrated leadership, communication, and conflict management skills. This person must prove to be willing to learn and work under and with others in a team environment while being fully capable of working independently and at the head of ministry teams.
The Connections Pastor position requires great flexibility in hours available for work, including evenings and weekends with a schedule that may vary at different times of the year. The position is a full-time, salaried position and the salary is based upon a projected 40 hours per week. Compensation includes base salary, benefits and mileage reimbursement for ministry-related travel as set out by church policy.
Applicant must be legally able to work in Canada.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
While we thank all interested candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Connections Pastor Posting.Lakeside Baptist Church.Dec_.2018.pdf||135.45 KB|
Calvary Baptist Church in Killarney, Manitoba is currently seeking a pastor to lead us as a congregation in spiritual growth, ministry and outreach. This vacancy is the result of our former pastor following God’s leading from his effective and productive ministry with us to become involved in a church-planting ministry in northern Ontario.
We are a healthy, multi-generational, debt and mortgage-free church, with a membership of 60, and an average Sunday attendance of 100. We are committed to building and equipping disciples through small group and corporate worship, with a high percentage of members and adherents, about 70% involved in ministry. Many of these were involved in “Bethlehem Live”, our latest outreach ministry. Calvary Baptist Church is a Christ-centred church, with a vision to impact the community of Killarney, our province, our nation, and the world. More information about our church and its ministries is available at http://www.calvarykillarney.ca/index.html. Information about our community is available at http://www.killarney.ca/.
The ideal match for our church is someone who:
• has sound biblical doctrine.
• is a spirit-filled, mature believer with a heart for people of all ages and various backgrounds
• is a motivational and inspirational preacher and teacher
• is supportive of various ministries (children to seniors)
• has an outgoing personality with a heart for outreach
• is self-motivated and takes initiative
• can build community
• is a team player with proven leadership ability
Applications can be sent to our Pastoral Search Committee c/o Bryan McAuley at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to Pastoral Search Committee, Box 1517, Killarney MB, R0K 1G0. With your application, please include a cover letter indicating why you are interested in this position and how your experience has prepared you for ministry, a resume outlining your qualifications and experience, a sample sermon or a link to one of your sermons, a letter outlining your philosophy of ministry, and names and contact information of at least three references.
This position will remain open until filled.
Salary for this position is in line with the Baptist General Conference of Canada guidelines and based on qualifications and experience of the applicant. As part of the salary and benefit package, a manse is also available, although the incoming pastor also has the option of arranging his own housing.
Complete Job Description below as the above only contain key sections of the entire job description.
|Pastoral Search - Killarney.pdf||132.14 KB|
Lansdowne Chinese Baptist Church is a dual-congregational (Mandarin and English), multi-generational evangelical church in Edmonton. We are looking for a person who has God’s calling for full-time pastoral ministry and the heart and passion to serve the Lord through children’s ministry. This pastor would have a vision in developing our vibrant children ministry to the next level. The pastor will be strong in preaching/teaching, in leadership, and be capable of building up a ministry team of teachers and helpers. The pastor is also a good communicator and able to develop strong relationships with both the English and Mandarin congregations. This position will also be starting up a brand new weekly children’s outreach program such as Awana in the near future.
- Evangelical church background
- Calling from God to full-time ministry
- Passion to serve the Lord through children’s ministry
- Graduate from Christian University/College or Seminary with Bachelor degree or higher
- Experience in both leadership and pastoral care in children’s ministry
- Ministry is in English, Mandarin language skills are an asset
General Job Description
- Works under the lead pastor and is responsible to the board of deacons
- Coordinates with the Children’s Ministry deacon for mobilization and administration related to children’s ministry
- Provides spiritual direction and leadership for the Children’s Ministry
- Provides pastoral care for the Children’s Ministry team and overseeing spiritual needs of the children
- Responsible for preaching, teaching, and training of Children’s Ministry workers
- Reaches out to children’s parents and families
Please email your resume along with a cover letter to Frances Chew at email@example.com
Application Deadline: April 30, 2019
Full-time pastoral opportunity
Ellerslie Road Baptist Church, a multicultural, transgenerational church of 1,400 attendees in northern
Alberta is searching for a full-time Pastor of Starlight Mandarin Ministries.
Ellerslie is a church with a rich heritage and a bright future. The church leadership is aligned in its vision
to make disciples who love God, love people, and serve the world, “Bringing Jesus into Life” in southwest
Edmonton and beyond. Since its founding 70 years ago, the church has grown from a small fellowship
of believers to a “big steeple” church that is active in church planting and international and local
cross-cultural mission, and is a leader in its denomination, the Baptist General Conference of Canada.
The church conducts worship services in English and Mandarin and houses a culturally Filipino service
by a sister congregation.
Blessed with stable finances, Ellerslie now is planning for the next chapter in its history.
The Pastor of Starlight Mandarin Ministries (PMM) will provide visionary leadership to the Starlight
Congregation—the Mandarin-language congregation at Ellerslie. The PMM will recruit, equip, and resource
a team of paid staff and volunteers to engage Mandarin speakers in a wide range of settings. The
PMM will serve as the primary communicator for the Starlight Mandarin Worship Services and will serve
on the Starlight Leadership Team. As a member of the Ellerslie pastoral team, the PMM will identify with
the overall church mission and vision. Working in a collegial environment with the church’s professional
staff, the PMM will develop strategic programming that will equip and empower the Mandarin congregation
for effective, efficient and life-changing ministries by the Spirit of God.
We are searching for a candidate with a Master of Divinity degree who has demonstrated several years
of development and oversight in full-time Christian ministry. North American ministry experience is an
asset. This person must be inviting to Mandarin speakers and their families and be able to engage them
in a wide range of settings. Fluency in Mandarin and English is required, as well as an appreciation of
Mainland Chinese culture. Experience in recruiting and resourcing volunteers is necessary. The successful
candidate will have a growing relationship with Jesus and experience in spiritual leadership. The ability
to obtain credentials with the Baptist General Conference of Canada is also required.
Edmonton is the capital of Alberta, Canada. The city is a growing, progressive community with a stable,
healthy economy, good schools, excellent healthcare facilities, several post-secondary institutions, and
varied recreational opportunities. Edmonton is surprisingly multicultural and has a vibrant arts scene.
Edmonton International Airport is a major regional transportation hub and is serviced by several North
American and international airlines. Housing is affordable, especially as compared with other growing
For more information on this opportunity and its requirements, please forward your résumé and cover
letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The church will accept applications until a suitable candidate is found.
Friendship Baptist Church of Coquitlam is prayerfully seeking the Lord’s choice for a gifted Senior Pastor. We are a Christ-centered, bible-based, evangelical congregation of about 80 which actively encourages member involvement in ministry. Our mandate is to make disciples of Christ. We envision ourselves as a regional church caring for people of all ages, drawing them to Christ, and building Christians to maturity.
We seek a teacher of God’s word, who is committed to and empowered by personal prayer and worship, and who thereby exhibits a vibrant, growing relationship with Jesus Christ. The Senior Pastor should love people, and through his ministry effectively lead and equip believers for ministry. He should also possess strong interpersonal and communication skills when working with staff, leadership and lay ministry teams as we cooperatively fulfill God’s vision and direction for the church. While we prefer candidates have previous experience and education related to this role, we place much greater weight on God’s gifting and call upon their lives.
We seek an experienced Senior Pastor who demonstrates:
• Godly character with a love for people of all ages and backgrounds
• A heart for evangelism while remaining true to God’s word
• Gifting in equipping and shepherding God’s people
• Strong leadership skills
• A reliance on God through both personal and corporate prayer, in all aspects of ministry
Coquitlam is located in the Greater Vancouver area in British Columbia, Canada, with a population in excess of 230,000 in the Tri-City area (Coquitlam, Port Moody, Port Coquitlam).
Job category: Senior Pastor
Job status: Full-time
Education desired: Masters Degree or less, depending on experience
Experience desired (years): 5
Denomination: Baptist — Other
Church Size: 80
Worship Style: Contemporary
Closing date March 31, 2019
Send resume attention David Payan, Search Committee to
We are a church located in Drayton Valley Alberta, a rural community one hour West of Leduc.
Oil and gas is the primary driver of Drayton Valley's economy (Like many Alberta towns). Agriculture and forestry also play roles in the local economy. A saw mill is located in the town. The population is approximately 7,000 with about 30,000 in the surrounding area. Drayton Valley is home to six public schools that are part of the Wild Rose School Division, and two schools that are part of the Catholic School Division.
We (Calvary Baptist Church) are affiliated with the Baptist General Conference of Canada and we hold to their statement of beliefs. We have been a part of the community for more than 50 years. Our congregation meets regularly on Sundays at 10:30 am for Worship with around 100 in attendance on average. We are a mixture of all ages with notably more young families and seniors. It is our desire to hire someone called to pastor here in this community in the areas of youth and worship (music).
The purpose of a job description is three-fold:
- It gives the church and the Pastor of Youth & Worship an understanding of work expectations.
- The job description protects the Pastor of Youth & Worship from being assigned tasks beyond their immediate responsibilities.
- The job description also gives the church a specific way to evaluate the work performed by the Pastor of Youth & Worship.
No job description can cover every situation or circumstance and therefore it is a general guideline and must be interpreted with some flexibility (flexibility for the pastor and flexibility for the church). Feedback from the church board, pastor and lay ministry volunteers will provide the pastor for Youth & Worship with general guidelines for implementing their ministry.
**Resumes and questions for the Search Committee can be sent to email@example.com you can phone the church office for direction (780-542-4774). Not all electronic submissions will be responded to personally. **
|Pastor of Youth and Worship Job Description 2018- Calvary Baptist Drayton Valley.pdf||303.27 KB|
BAPTIST GENERAL CONFERENCE OF SASKATCHEWAN
We are looking for God’s person to lead the BGCS into the future.
The BGCS is a district of the Baptist General Conference of Canada, comprising of an association of like-minded churches across Saskatchewan. We are currently in need of a District Minister to champion and nurture health and growth among our churches. With 13 churches of varying sizes and health in Saskatchewan, the key roles of the District Minister will be to: a) assist churches in becoming healthy, sustainable and disciple producing: and b) facilitate a common purpose and mutual support among the churches in the district.
The position will be a minimum half time position with the possibility of additional affiliative work.
For more information please visit our website: http://www.bgcs.ca/