To post a job opening in a BGC Canada church on this site, please send the job description and contact information to the BGC Canada Office. If you are interested in being hired at a BGC Canada church, please send a completed Pastoral Profile and photo to BGC Canada Office. Once you have downloaded the Pastoral Profile please “save as” with your name and the date in the title. This is the only way that the document will save your answers.
Friendship Baptist Church of Coquitlam is prayerfully seeking the Lord’s choice for a gifted Senior Pastor. We are a Christ-centered, bible-based, evangelical congregation of about 80 which actively encourages member involvement in ministry. Our mandate is to make disciples of Christ. We envision ourselves as a regional church caring for people of all ages, drawing them to Christ, and building Christians to maturity.
We seek a teacher of God’s word, who is committed to and empowered by personal prayer and worship, and who thereby exhibits a vibrant, growing relationship with Jesus Christ. The Senior Pastor should love people, and through his ministry effectively lead and equip believers for ministry. He should also possess strong interpersonal and communication skills when working with staff, leadership and lay ministry teams as we cooperatively fulfill God’s vision and direction for the church. While we prefer candidates have previous experience and education related to this role, we place much greater weight on God’s gifting and call upon their lives.
We seek an experienced Senior Pastor who demonstrates:
• Godly character with a love for people of all ages and backgrounds
• A heart for evangelism while remaining true to God’s word
• Gifting in equipping and shepherding God’s people
• Strong leadership skills
• A reliance on God through both personal and corporate prayer, in all aspects of ministry
Coquitlam is located in the Greater Vancouver area in British Columbia, Canada, with a population in excess of 230,000 in the Tri-City area (Coquitlam, Port Moody, Port Coquitlam).
Job category: Senior Pastor
Job status: Full-time
Education desired: Masters Degree or less, depending on experience
Experience desired (years): 5
Denomination: Baptist — Other
Church Size: 80
Worship Style: Contemporary
Closing date March 31, 2019
Send resume attention David Payan, Search Committee to
The full time Set-up position will assist with event set-ups and audio-visual set-ups on evenings and weekends. This position will also require general cleaning functions for both Grant Memorial Baptist Church and Linden Christian School. The knowledge of WHMIS and the ability to operate commercial cleaning equipment would be an asset. The position requires good communication skills and the ability to work independently and on a team. This position will require evening and weekend working hours. View a full position description below.
|Set-up & Custodial full time Job Description July2018.pdf||194.23 KB|
Ebenezer Baptist, an 114 year old church of the Baptist General Conferences of Canada and Alberta , is seeking a youth – assistant pastor who will enthusiastically serve with and support the lead pastor and church leadership to fulfill the vision and mission of the church. The candidate would have a consistent and intimate relationship with God and a committed prayer life and would be passionate about and committed to a culture of prayer and discipleship over programs and systems. They would be a humble learner, have self-initiative and the heart of shepherd. The ideal candidate would have some experience and a track record in discipling youth and “tweener” age children while being committed to encourage and resource parents. The candidate would enjoy partnering with the lead pastor to recruit, envision and support leaders in the church who are over and/or serving in various ministries of the church, and help all in our church family discover and serve in their spiritual gifts. The candidate would be able to administrate and grow in their ability to do the same. They would ideally have some experience preaching and/or commitment to grow in their preaching ability.
EBC is a prayer and community focused church with a welcoming demeanor and a strong vision to reach the community, surrounding region, and unreached peoples around the world with the message of God’s grace and forgiveness in Jesus Christ. We are a small city church in a community that bridges the rural and urban mindset. We are a multi-generational church that is comprised of elderly (30%), young families (40%) and middle aged (30%). We are committed to “big church” (Sunday AM) and “small church” (i.e. small groups and all other such expressions) and authentic, growing relationships in Christ.
We are a community of 14,000 located 50 minutes south of Alberta’s capital of Edmonton. Wetaskiwin is a community steeped in Alberta history and has historically served an agriculture based economy. Wetaskiwin has a manufacturing and supply sector and numerous small businesses. It is increasingly becoming a bedroom and acreage community for Edmonton, Leduc and the industrial area of Nisku near the Edmonton International Airport. It is 60 minutes from Red Deer, 20 minutes away from the cities of Leduc and Camrose and 10 minutes from 4 aboriginal (Cree) communities near Maskwacis, AB (formerly Hobbema). Wetaskiwin has all the major amenities, good schools and is an active, family oriented community that is growing. The city has just built a new family recreation and aquatic centre and is engaged in other infrastructure projects.
All applicants must be able to subscribe to and fully affirm the Statement of Faith for the Baptist General Conference of Canada and pass a police background and child welfare intervention check. A Bible college, its equivalent or a seminary education is preferred. This is a full time position with a salary and benefits. Those interested may submit a CV, cover letter and preaching sample (or link to an online preaching sample) by email to the EBC Search Committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15, 2018. Thank you for your interest.
New Life Church in Stonewall, MB is looking for a full-time Youth and Young Adult Pastor to disciple the young people of New Life Church to a deeper spiritual commitment and help them develop in spiritual maturity.
- To love our young people where they are;
- To ensure that the spiritual and practical needs of the youth and young adults are being addressed;
- To develop creative and meaningful programming for the youth/young adult ministry; and
- To oversee the training and development of the youth/young adult leadership team.
- Have an undergraduate degree;
- Have 2 – 3 years experience in ministry; and
- Have good written and verbal communication skills and conflict management skills.
A variety of experience and skills will be considered when selecting candidates.
For a full ministry description and to find out more about New Life Church, please visit us at www.newlifestonewall.com.
To apply for this position please send your resume to email@example.com, along with the answers to the three questions listed under “job opportunities” on our website.
Resumes will be accepted until July 1, 2018.
Please see FULL Job Description Below.
|Pastor of Youth Young Adults (2018).pdf||74.76 KB|
The Café Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Grant Memorial Café, including food services, supplies, staffing, and reporting. The candidate will currently have or be willing to obtain, a food handler’s certificate. This position is offered as a renewable agreement.
37.50 hours/week, August 27, 2018 - June 28, 2019. Alternative working hours will be required to meet the requirements of the position. A minimum of one Sunday per month is required.
- Must be highly motivated
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent management and leadership skills
- An understanding of food and beverage operations
- Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task
- Must have effective problem solving/ decision-making abilities
- This position will require frequent standing
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs and frequently bend and twist from the waist
- Must have a mode of transportation
Resume and cover letter may be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail post to:
Attn: Human Resources
Grant Memorial Baptist Church
877 Wilkes Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3P 1B8
Closing date: When position filled.
Full Job Description Below
|GMBC Job description Cafe Manager May 2018.pdf||39.44 KB|
Grant Memorial Baptist Church (“GMBC”), a member of the Baptist General Conference of Canada, is a vibrant, evangelical congregation, averaging 1,100 in two Sunday morning services. Over 1500 adults consider GMBC to be their home church. GMBC is known for its emphasis on teaching the Scriptures and diverse ministry engagement opportunities.
The Youth Ministry Associate is responsible for the oversight, spiritual care and discipleship of students connected to the Grant Memorial Baptist Church student ministries from grades 5 -7. Grant Memorial Baptist Church embraces a philosophy of Family Ministry that strives to equip family leaders to be the primary disciple makers in order to cultivate lasting faith in children and youth. In keeping with this, the Youth Ministry Associate will collaborate with the Family Ministry team to set the overall direction of the Youth Ministry. The role includes strategic planning and ministry implementation to reach students who are not yet followers of Christ and discipleship of existing believers.
This is a full time position of 37.5 hours weekly. General office hours are 8:30 to 4:30 Monday to Friday, alternative working hours will be required periodically to meet the requirements of the position. For this position, Sunday is considered a regular work day.
- Passion to serve God and inspire His people through the development of personal relationships, community and small groups.
- Self-motivated and outgoing.
- Proven excellence in people skills and a strong communicator.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, motivate, train, and manage volunteers and staff.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to write and speak effectively to students, staff, volunteers, constituents and the public.
- Proficient in use of current technologies and communication tools.
- Proven skills to develop and implement successful youth programs and events.
- Committed to team ministry, able to participate in the setting of the vision and execution of the Family Ministry Team.
- Committed, growing, mature follower of Christ
- Qualified for church membership and willing to become a member of GMBC
- Supportive of the vision and leadership of the church
- Degree or Certificate from an accredited Bible College in Youth Ministry, or Religious studies, or equivalent training and experience
- Actively pursuing a personal study of scripture, theology and prayer
- A completed Criminal Record check including the vulnerable sector search
Please send the following attachments to email@example.com or by mail post to: Grant Memorial Baptist Church, 877 Wilkes Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3P 1B8, Attn: Human Resources.
- Cover letter
- One pastoral reference
- Please use ‘Youth Ministry Associate’ in the subject line of the email.
The applicants following the above requirements will be considered for this position.
Closing date: When position filled.
Full Job Description Below
|Youth Associate (Grade 5 - 7) 2018.pdf||101.34 KB|
Ellerslie Road Baptist Church, a multicultural, transgenerational church of 1,400 attendees in north-central Alberta is searching for a 3/4-time Associate of Traditions Worship & Pastoral Care to serve on our pastoral staff.
Ellerslie is a church with a rich heritage and a bright future. The church leadership is aligned in its vision to make disciples who love God, love people, and serve the world, “Bringing Jesus into Life” in southwest Edmonton and beyond. Since its founding 70 years ago, the church has grown from a small fellowship of believers to a “big steeple” church that is active in church planting and international and local cross-cultural mission, and is a leader in its denomination, the Baptist General Conference of Canada. The church conducts worship services in English and Mandarin, and houses a culturally Filipino service by a sister congregation.
Blessed with stable finances, Ellerslie now is planning for the next chapter in its history.
The Associate of Traditions Worship & Pastoral Care (ATW/PC) will provide leadership to the “Traditions” worship service and be the primary overseer of pastoral care (visitation, etc.) at Ellerslie. The (ATW/PC) will build and oversee a team to lead a worshipping community that engages the church family in more “traditional” expressions of worship. The ATW/PC will serve as the primary pastoral liaison with the “Prime Time” (55+) group, serving on the Prime Time Leadership Team, which oversees the building of community among this generation. The ATW/PC will also work collegially with the Ellerslie staff in establishing and maintaining a pastoral care system, primarily of the seniors in the congregation.
We are searching for a candidate with a Bachelor’s degree and some theological training who has demonstrated several years of development and oversight in local church ministry, either as a professional staff member or as a significant volunteer. The successful candidate must be able to work with volunteers and church staff in planning and conducting a more traditional worship expression, as well as working with others in providing pastoral care and coordinating programming to our senior adults. Experience in recruiting and resourcing volunteers is necessary.
Edmonton is the capital of Alberta, Canada. The city is a growing, progressive community with a stable, healthy economy, good schools, excellent healthcare facilities, several post-secondary institutions, and varied recreational opportunities. Edmonton is surprisingly multicultural and has a vibrant arts scene. Edmonton International Airport is a major regional transportation hub and is serviced by several North American and international airlines. Housing is affordable, as compared with other growing Canadian cities.
For more information on this opportunity and its requirements, please forward your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The church will accept applications until a suitable candidate is found.
|Traditions Worship Director.pdf||108.53 KB|
The Associate Pastor is a full-time job that provides spiritual oversight and leadership direction to developing healthy ministries at Hammond Bay Church. A large portion of the Associate Pastor’s focus will be developing Family Ministries in the youth and children’s areas.
The Associate Pastor is responsible to the Deacon’s Board, and reports to the Lead Pastor for day to day ministry.
Who We Are:
- Hammond Bay Baptist Church is affiliated with the Baptist General Conference
- We are located in North Nanaimo, on Vancouver Island, a community of 90,000 people
- We employ two pastors, an administrative assistant and custodians
- We have approximately 100 to 125 attendees each Sunday and are a growing church with a number of newcomers
- We have a healthy Sunday School, junior youth group, senior youth group, men’s groups, women’s groups, and bible studies throughout the year.
- We have outreach activities and church functions, meals, and events
- Guide and lead youth programs, this includes recruiting, training, and coordinating leaders in junior & senior youth.
- Support the Sunday school coordinator in curriculum selection, recruiting and training.
- Guide the curriculum with input from the Lead Pastor.
- Communicate and minister to the families of children and youth for a more holistic approach.
- Help assist and develop ministries within the Church such as care groups and young adults.
- Assist the Lead Pastor in pastoral care to the body through prayer, phone calls, and visitation.
- Required to preach once every eight weeks, not including vacation time.
- Meet weekly with the Lead Pastor for mentoring, prayer, planning and discussion of Church issues.
- Aid in the hiring of summer students for Sunday school and summer programs.
- Provide oversight and guidance to the summer students, their responsibilities, and concerns that may arise.
- Attend and give input to Board and leadership meetings as necessary.
- Ensure that the overall vision of the church is carried out within the Sunday school, youth groups, and young adult programs.
- Assist the Lead Pastor in delegating and overseeing the planning of outreach activities in the surrounding neighbourhoods.
- Assist with the assimilation of new attendees into the Church and work toward creating an inviting environment within the congregation.
- May be responsible for overseeing the Lord's Supper and baptisms and must be available for weddings and funerals as needed.
- Be caring, approachable, and available for counselling or be able to delegate to administrative staff, gifted individuals, or professional counsellors as needed.
How To Apply:
- The Associate Pastor we seek shall be in agreement with the Hammond Bay Baptist Church Constitution, By-Laws, Policies, and Articles of Faith. See our web site at http://www.hammondbaychurch.org
- The Associate Pastor we seek shall have the training deemed necessary for the position. Theological education required.
- To apply, please forward your résumé, cover letter and references to email@example.com
- Please include:
- A current resume - addressing core qualifications and work experience
- A cover letter outlining how you will fit with our organization
- Three references including name, address and phone number
Full Job Description Below:
|Associate Pastor position ad for HBBC.pdf||99.58 KB|
We are a church located in Drayton Valley Alberta, a rural community one hour West of Leduc.
Oil and gas is the primary driver of Drayton Valley's economy (Like many Alberta towns). Agriculture and forestry also play roles in the local economy. A saw mill is located in the town. The population is approximately 7,000 with about 30,000 in the surrounding area. Drayton Valley is home to six public schools that are part of the Wild Rose School Division, and two schools that are part of the Catholic School Division.
We (Calvary Baptist Church) are affiliated with the Baptist General Conference of Canada and we hold to their statement of beliefs. We have been a part of the community for more than 50 years. Our congregation meets regularly on Sundays at 10:30 am for Worship with around 100 in attendance on average. We are a mixture of all ages with notably more young families and seniors. It is our desire to hire someone called to pastor here in this community in the areas of youth and worship (music).
The purpose of a job description is three-fold:
- It gives the church and the Pastor of Youth & Worship an understanding of work expectations.
- The job description protects the Pastor of Youth & Worship from being assigned tasks beyond their immediate responsibilities.
- The job description also gives the church a specific way to evaluate the work performed by the Pastor of Youth & Worship.
No job description can cover every situation or circumstance and therefore it is a general guideline and must be interpreted with some flexibility (flexibility for the pastor and flexibility for the church). Feedback from the church board, pastor and lay ministry volunteers will provide the pastor for Youth & Worship with general guidelines for implementing their ministry.
**Resumes and questions for the Search Committee can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org you can phone the church office for direction (780-542-4774). Not all electronic submissions will be responded to personally. **
|Pastor of Youth and Worship Job Description - Calvary Baptist Drayton Valley (002).pdf||139.61 KB|
BAPTIST GENERAL CONFERENCE OF SASKATCHEWAN
We are looking for God’s person to lead the BGCS into the future.
The BGCS is a district of the Baptist General Conference of Canada, comprising of an association of like-minded churches across Saskatchewan. We are currently in need of a District Minister to champion and nurture health and growth among our churches. With 13 churches of varying sizes and health in Saskatchewan, the key roles of the District Minister will be to: a) assist churches in becoming healthy, sustainable and disciple producing: and b) facilitate a common purpose and mutual support among the churches in the district.
The position will be a minimum half time position with the possibility of additional affiliative work.
For more information please visit our website: http://www.bgcs.ca/