To post a job opening in a BGC Canada church on this site, please send the job description and contact information to the BGC Canada Office. If you are interested in being hired at a BGC Canada church, please send a completed Pastoral Profile and photo to BGC Canada Office. Once you have downloaded the Pastoral Profile please “save as” with your name and the date in the title. This is the only way that the document will save your answers.
Our Lead Pastor provides spiritual oversight and leadership direction to our church community; church staff, leaders and the congregation. They will be a champion of the church’s mission statement, vision, and motto.
WHO WE ARE:
• Hammond Bay Baptist Church is affiliated with the Baptist General Conference
• We are located in North Nanaimo, on Vancouver Island, a community of 90,000 people
• We employ two pastors, an administrative assistant and custodians
• We have approximately 100 to 125 attendees each Sunday and are a growing church with a number of newcomers
• We have a healthy Sunday School, a jr youth group, a sr youth group, a young adults ministry, men’s groups, women’s groups, and bible studies throughout the year.
• We have outreach activities and church functions, meals, and events
PLEASE SEE PDF FOR FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
HOW TO APPLY:
• The Pastor we seek shall be in agreement with the Hammond Bay Baptist Church Constitution, By-Laws, Policies, and Articles of Faith. See our web site at www.hammondbaychurch.org
• The Pastor we seek shall have the training deemed necessary for the position and will have experience leading in a local church.
• To apply, please forward your résumé, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
• A current resume - addressing core qualifications and work experience
• A cover letter outlining how you will fit with our organization
• Three references including name, address and phone number
|HBBC Lead Pastor Job Description.pdf||140.07 KB|
Ellerslie Road Baptist Church, a multi-cultural, trans-generational church of 1,400 attenders in
northern Alberta is searching for a full-time Pastor of Youth Ministries.
Ellerslie is a church with a rich heritage and a bright future. The church leadership is aligned in its
vision to make disciples who love God, love people, and serve the world, “Bringing Jesus into Life”
in southwest Edmonton and beyond. Since its founding 70 years ago, the church has grown from a
small fellowship of believers to a “big steeple” church that is active in church planting and
international and local cross-cultural mission, and is a leader in its denomination, the Baptist
General Conference of Canada. The church conducts worship services in English and Mandarin,
and houses a culturally Filipino service by a sister congregation.
Blessed with stable finances, Ellerslie now is planning for the next chapter in its history.
The Pastor of Youth Ministries (PYM) will provide visionary leadership to the junior and senior high
ministry environments at Ellerslie. The PYM will recruit, equip, and resource a team of paid staff
and volunteers to engage students in a wide range of settings. The PYM will serve as the primary
communicator for youth ministry events and will serve on the Ellerslie corporate worship service
teaching team. Working in a collegial environment with the church’s professional staff, the PYM will
develop strategic programming that will bring students to Jesus, grow students in Jesus, and
engage students for Jesus in their worlds, and seek the growth of student engagement within the
ministry of Ellerslie Church.
We are searching for a candidate with a Bachelor’s degree and some theological training who has
demonstrated several years of development and oversight in full-time student ministry. The
successful candidate must be inviting to youth and be able to engage students and parents in a
wide range of settings. This person will have demonstrated “up front” leadership and disciplemaking
with students. Experience in recruiting and resourcing volunteers is necessary.
Edmonton is the capital of Alberta, Canada. The city is a growing, progressive community with a
stable, healthy economy, good schools, excellent healthcare facilities, several post-secondary
institutions, and varied recreational opportunities. Edmonton is surprisingly multicultural and has a
vibrant arts scene. Edmonton International Airport is a major regional transportation hub and is
serviced by several North American and international airlines. Housing is affordable, as compared
with other growing Canadian cities.
For more information on this opportunity and its requirements, please forward your résumé and
cover letter to email@example.com. The church will accept applications until a suitable candidate
|Ellerslie PYM Job Ad 03-NOV A.pdf||179.77 KB|
Report to: Senior Pastor
B. General Job Description:
- The Associate Pastor complements the ministry of the Lead Pastor, which includes organizational management of the church’s mission. As such, the Associate must be capable of seeing and understanding the big picture, while also being able to grasp small details so that he can implement the church’s vision.
- Serve in general pastoral ministries of care, nurture, disciple-making, teaching, counselling, evangelism, intercession, conducting ceremonies, preaching, correspondence, and other ministries as directed by the Senior Pastor.
- Help the people of Living Hope grow as disciples of Jesus Christ by providing direct, practical training and support for ministers and their ministries.
- Help the ministries of Living Hope tie into the overall direction and purpose of Living Hope Christian Church.
C. Primary Functions:
- Assist the Mission’s team in the implementation and improvement of our current outreach initiatives
- Grow and develop our Evangelism and follow-up ministry by:
- Looking for people with passion for ministry.
- Developing new initiatives to expand ministries.
- Provide access to workshops, conferences, resources and training events to support and equip volunteer ministers.
- Serve as a leader of leaders providing care, nurture and leadership training.
- A Strong sense of calling to this position.
- Display the character traits of 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
- Unity with Living Hope Christian Church’s Doctrinal Statement, Mission and Vision.
- If married, strong support of your spouse.
- Experience in pastoral care.
- Experience and success in mobilizing people to start new ministry initiatives.
- Must possess leadership skills, strong interpersonal skills.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related studies (Masters Degree preferable).
- Half Time, salaried position. (20hrs/week)
F. To apply:
- Send your resume with cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to suite 850, 104-1015 Columbia Street, New Westminster, BC V3M 6V3 by November 1, 2017.
|Job Posting Associate Pastor.pdf||492.14 KB|
We are a church located in Drayton Valley Alberta, a rural community one hour West of Leduc.
Oil and gas is the primary driver of Drayton Valley's economy (Like many Alberta towns). Agriculture and forestry also play roles in the local economy. A saw mill is located in the town. The population is approximately 7,000 with about 30,000 in the surrounding area. Drayton Valley is home to six public schools that are part of the Wild Rose School Division, and two schools that are part of the Catholic School Division.
We (Calvary Baptist Church) are affiliated with the Baptist General Conference of Canada and we hold to their statement of beliefs. We have been a part of the community for more than 50 years. Our congregation meets regularly on Sundays at 10:30 am for Worship with around 100 in attendance on average. We are a mixture of all ages with notably more young families and seniors. It is our desire to hire someone called to pastor here in this community in the areas of youth and worship (music).
The purpose of a job description is three-fold:
- It gives the church and the Pastor of Youth & Worship an understanding of work expectations.
- The job description protects the Pastor of Youth & Worship from being assigned tasks beyond their immediate responsibilities.
- The job description also gives the church a specific way to evaluate the work performed by the Pastor of Youth & Worship.
No job description can cover every situation or circumstance and therefore it is a general guideline and must be interpreted with some flexibility (flexibility for the pastor and flexibility for the church). Feedback from the church board, pastor and lay ministry volunteers will provide the pastor for Youth & Worship with general guidelines for implementing their ministry.
**Resumes and questions for the Search Committee can be sent to email@example.com you can phone the church office for direction (780-542-4774). Not all electronic submissions will be responded to personally. **
|Pastor of Youth and Worship Job Description - Calvary Baptist Drayton Valley (002).pdf||139.61 KB|
Grant Memorial Baptist Church (“GMBC”), a member of the Baptist General Conference of Canada, is a vibrant, evangelical congregation, averaging 1,100 in two Sunday morning services. Over 1500 adults consider GMBC to be their home church. GMBC is known for its emphasis on teaching the Scriptures and diverse ministry engagement opportunities.
The Director Arts & Worship Ministries shall minister to the spiritual needs of Grant Memorial Baptist Church (GMBC) through leading and planning worship services and celebrations that are honoring to God, consistent with biblical principles of worship, demonstrate the values and advance objectives of GMBC. The Director will have a passion to provide stylistically diverse worship environments including traditional and contemporary formats to engage the congregation in authentic worship. The proven ability to recruit, equip and empower volunteers to serve in all aspects of the worship ministry.
Time Requirements: 37.5 hours per week, 1.0 Full Time Equivalent (FTE)
General office hours are 8:30 to 4:30 Monday to Friday, alternative working hours will be required to meet the requirements of the position. Sunday is a regular work day.
For a full job description, visit our website: www.grantmemorial.ca
BAPTIST GENERAL CONFERENCE OF SASKATCHEWAN
We are looking for God’s person to lead the BGCS into the future.
The BGCS is a district of the Baptist General Conference of Canada, comprising of an association of like-minded churches across Saskatchewan. We are currently in need of a District Minister to champion and nurture health and growth among our churches. With 13 churches of varying sizes and health in Saskatchewan, the key roles of the District Minister will be to: a) assist churches in becoming healthy, sustainable and disciple producing: and b) facilitate a common purpose and mutual support among the churches in the district.
The position will be a minimum half time position with the possibility of additional affiliative work.
For more information please visit our website: http://www.bgcs.ca/