To post a job opening in a BGC Canada church on this site, please send the job description and contact information to the BGC Canada Office. If you are interested in being hired at a BGC Canada church, please send a completed Pastoral Profile and photo to BGC Canada Office. Once you have downloaded the Pastoral Profile please “save as” with your name and the date in the title. This is the only way that the document will save your answers.
Report to: Senior Pastor
B. General Job Description:
- The Associate Pastor complements the ministry of the Lead Pastor, which includes organizational management of the church’s mission. As such, the Associate must be capable of seeing and understanding the big picture, while also being able to grasp small details so that he can implement the church’s vision.
- Serve in general pastoral ministries of care, nurture, disciple-making, teaching, counselling, evangelism, intercession, conducting ceremonies, preaching, correspondence, and other ministries as directed by the Senior Pastor.
- Help the people of Living Hope grow as disciples of Jesus Christ by providing direct, practical training and support for ministers and their ministries.
- Help the ministries of Living Hope tie into the overall direction and purpose of Living Hope Christian Church.
C. Primary Functions:
- Assist the Mission’s team in the implementation and improvement of our current outreach initiatives
- Grow and develop our Evangelism and follow-up ministry by:
- Looking for people with passion for ministry.
- Developing new initiatives to expand ministries.
- Provide access to workshops, conferences, resources and training events to support and equip volunteer ministers.
- Serve as a leader of leaders providing care, nurture and leadership training.
- A Strong sense of calling to this position.
- Display the character traits of 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
- Unity with Living Hope Christian Church’s Doctrinal Statement, Mission and Vision.
- If married, strong support of your spouse.
- Experience in pastoral care.
- Experience and success in mobilizing people to start new ministry initiatives.
- Must possess leadership skills, strong interpersonal skills.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related studies (Masters Degree preferable).
- Half Time, salaried position. (20hrs/week)
F. To apply:
- Send your resume with cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to suite 850, 104-1015 Columbia Street, New Westminster, BC V3M 6V3 by November 1, 2017.
|Job Posting Associate Pastor.pdf||492.14 KB|
We are a church located in Drayton Valley Alberta, a rural community one hour West of Leduc.
Oil and gas is the primary driver of Drayton Valley's economy (Like many Alberta towns). Agriculture and forestry also play roles in the local economy. A saw mill is located in the town. The population is approximately 7,000 with about 30,000 in the surrounding area. Drayton Valley is home to six public schools that are part of the Wild Rose School Division, and two schools that are part of the Catholic School Division.
We (Calvary Baptist Church) are affiliated with the Baptist General Conference of Canada and we hold to their statement of beliefs. We have been a part of the community for more than 50 years. Our congregation meets regularly on Sundays at 10:30 am for Worship with around 100 in attendance on average. We are a mixture of all ages with notably more young families and seniors. It is our desire to hire someone called to pastor here in this community in the areas of youth and worship (music).
The purpose of a job description is three-fold:
- It gives the church and the Pastor of Youth & Worship an understanding of work expectations.
- The job description protects the Pastor of Youth & Worship from being assigned tasks beyond their immediate responsibilities.
- The job description also gives the church a specific way to evaluate the work performed by the Pastor of Youth & Worship.
No job description can cover every situation or circumstance and therefore it is a general guideline and must be interpreted with some flexibility (flexibility for the pastor and flexibility for the church). Feedback from the church board, pastor and lay ministry volunteers will provide the pastor for Youth & Worship with general guidelines for implementing their ministry.
**Resumes and questions for the Search Committee can be sent to email@example.com you can phone the church office for direction (780-542-4774). Not all electronic submissions will be responded to personally. **
|Pastor of Youth and Worship Job Description - Calvary Baptist Drayton Valley (002).pdf||139.61 KB|
Grant Memorial Baptist Church (“GMBC”), a member of the Baptist General Conference of Canada, is a vibrant, evangelical congregation, averaging 1,100 in two Sunday morning services. Over 1500 adults consider GMBC to be their home church. GMBC is known for its emphasis on teaching the Scriptures and diverse ministry engagement opportunities.
The Director Arts & Worship Ministries shall minister to the spiritual needs of Grant Memorial Baptist Church (GMBC) through leading and planning worship services and celebrations that are honoring to God, consistent with biblical principles of worship, demonstrate the values and advance objectives of GMBC. The Director will have a passion to provide stylistically diverse worship environments including traditional and contemporary formats to engage the congregation in authentic worship. The proven ability to recruit, equip and empower volunteers to serve in all aspects of the worship ministry.
Time Requirements: 37.5 hours per week, 1.0 Full Time Equivalent (FTE)
General office hours are 8:30 to 4:30 Monday to Friday, alternative working hours will be required to meet the requirements of the position. Sunday is a regular work day.
For a full job description, visit our website: www.grantmemorial.ca
BAPTIST GENERAL CONFERENCE OF SASKATCHEWAN
We are looking for God’s person to lead the BGCS into the future.
The BGCS is a district of the Baptist General Conference of Canada, comprising of an association of like-minded churches across Saskatchewan. We are currently in need of a District Minister to champion and nurture health and growth among our churches. With 13 churches of varying sizes and health in Saskatchewan, the key roles of the District Minister will be to: a) assist churches in becoming healthy, sustainable and disciple producing: and b) facilitate a common purpose and mutual support among the churches in the district.
The position will be a minimum half time position with the possibility of additional affiliative work.
For more information please visit our website: http://www.bgcs.ca/