To post a job opening in a BGC Canada church on this site, please send the job description and contact information to the BGC Canada Office. If you are interested in being hired at a BGC Canada church, please send a completed Pastoral Profile and photo to BGC Canada Office. Once you have downloaded the Pastoral Profile please “save as” with your name and the date in the title. This is the only way that the document will save your answers.
Full-time pastoral opportunity
Ellerslie Road Baptist Church, a multicultural, transgenerational church of 1,400 attendees in northern
Alberta is searching for a full-time Pastor of Starlight Mandarin Ministries.
Ellerslie is a church with a rich heritage and a bright future. The church leadership is aligned in its vision
to make disciples who love God, love people, and serve the world, “Bringing Jesus into Life” in southwest
Edmonton and beyond. Since its founding 70 years ago, the church has grown from a small fellowship
of believers to a “big steeple” church that is active in church planting and international and local
cross-cultural mission, and is a leader in its denomination, the Baptist General Conference of Canada.
The church conducts worship services in English and Mandarin and houses a culturally Filipino service
by a sister congregation.
Blessed with stable finances, Ellerslie now is planning for the next chapter in its history.
The Pastor of Starlight Mandarin Ministries (PMM) will provide visionary leadership to the Starlight
Congregation—the Mandarin-language congregation at Ellerslie. The PMM will recruit, equip, and resource
a team of paid staff and volunteers to engage Mandarin speakers in a wide range of settings. The
PMM will serve as the primary communicator for the Starlight Mandarin Worship Services and will serve
on the Starlight Leadership Team. As a member of the Ellerslie pastoral team, the PMM will identify with
the overall church mission and vision. Working in a collegial environment with the church’s professional
staff, the PMM will develop strategic programming that will equip and empower the Mandarin congregation
for effective, efficient and life-changing ministries by the Spirit of God.
We are searching for a candidate with a Master of Divinity degree who has demonstrated several years
of development and oversight in full-time Christian ministry. North American ministry experience is an
asset. This person must be inviting to Mandarin speakers and their families and be able to engage them
in a wide range of settings. Fluency in Mandarin and English is required, as well as an appreciation of
Mainland Chinese culture. Experience in recruiting and resourcing volunteers is necessary. The successful
candidate will have a growing relationship with Jesus and experience in spiritual leadership. The ability
to obtain credentials with the Baptist General Conference of Canada is also required.
Edmonton is the capital of Alberta, Canada. The city is a growing, progressive community with a stable,
healthy economy, good schools, excellent healthcare facilities, several post-secondary institutions, and
varied recreational opportunities. Edmonton is surprisingly multicultural and has a vibrant arts scene.
Edmonton International Airport is a major regional transportation hub and is serviced by several North
American and international airlines. Housing is affordable, especially as compared with other growing
For more information on this opportunity and its requirements, please forward your résumé and cover
letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The church will accept applications until a suitable candidate is found.
The Bridge Church in North Vancouver is seeking a Pastor of Family Ministries who will contribute to God’s ongoing Kingdom work in and through us. We are a growing, multi-generational, multi-ethnic congregation in the Deep Cove-Seymour area of North Vancouver. We are absolutely committed to the good news that has come to us through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus, and deeply desire to see our surrounding community know this good news as well. Our hope is that the Pastor of Family Ministries will facilitate an experience of the presence of Christ for children and a spiritual strengthening and equipping for families. If you share that desire and are the kind of person described below, we welcome your application for this position!
The Pastor of Family Ministries is a full-time position with a competitive salary (commensurate with experience and education) and benefits. Responsibilities will include:
- Equipping parents (eg. marriage and parenting courses, providing pastoral care)
- Facilitating a sense of community among families
- Overseeing programming for children’s ministry and preteen ministry
- Overseeing Sunday School by coordinating volunteers and arranging the curriculum
- Implementing child and youth protection policies
- Planning and co-ordinating family-oriented events that have an outreach component (eg. Summer Day Camp, Christmas Hamper drive, Kids’ Book Swap, etc.)
- Participating as a member of The Bridge Church staff team in regular meetings and in setting overall direction under the leadership of the Lead Pastor
- The role may include opportunities to exercise gifts (eg. preaching, leading Alpha course)
- Must agree with The Bridge Church statement of faith (found at www.bridgenorthvan.ca)
- Must be willing to be licensed with the Baptist General Conference of Canada
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field (eg. Biblical studies, Christian studies, etc.). A Master’s degree in a related field would be considered an asset
- Relevant experience in leading children and family ministries
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a sincere love for Jesus and a humble spirit
- Is energetic, relational and outgoing
- Connects well with kids
- Has a passion for outreach
- Is self-motivated and takes initiative
- Is gifted with strong administrative and organizational skills
- Apply with a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com
- Application deadline is September 14, 2018
- Target start date for the position is January 1, 2019
Friendship Baptist Church of Coquitlam is prayerfully seeking the Lord’s choice for a gifted Senior Pastor. We are a Christ-centered, bible-based, evangelical congregation of about 80 which actively encourages member involvement in ministry. Our mandate is to make disciples of Christ. We envision ourselves as a regional church caring for people of all ages, drawing them to Christ, and building Christians to maturity.
We seek a teacher of God’s word, who is committed to and empowered by personal prayer and worship, and who thereby exhibits a vibrant, growing relationship with Jesus Christ. The Senior Pastor should love people, and through his ministry effectively lead and equip believers for ministry. He should also possess strong interpersonal and communication skills when working with staff, leadership and lay ministry teams as we cooperatively fulfill God’s vision and direction for the church. While we prefer candidates have previous experience and education related to this role, we place much greater weight on God’s gifting and call upon their lives.
We seek an experienced Senior Pastor who demonstrates:
• Godly character with a love for people of all ages and backgrounds
• A heart for evangelism while remaining true to God’s word
• Gifting in equipping and shepherding God’s people
• Strong leadership skills
• A reliance on God through both personal and corporate prayer, in all aspects of ministry
Coquitlam is located in the Greater Vancouver area in British Columbia, Canada, with a population in excess of 230,000 in the Tri-City area (Coquitlam, Port Moody, Port Coquitlam).
Job category: Senior Pastor
Job status: Full-time
Education desired: Masters Degree or less, depending on experience
Experience desired (years): 5
Denomination: Baptist — Other
Church Size: 80
Worship Style: Contemporary
Closing date March 31, 2019
Send resume attention David Payan, Search Committee to
Ebenezer Baptist, an 114 year old church of the Baptist General Conferences of Canada and Alberta , is seeking a youth – assistant pastor who will enthusiastically serve with and support the lead pastor and church leadership to fulfill the vision and mission of the church. The candidate would have a consistent and intimate relationship with God and a committed prayer life and would be passionate about and committed to a culture of prayer and discipleship over programs and systems. They would be a humble learner, have self-initiative and the heart of shepherd. The ideal candidate would have some experience and a track record in discipling youth and “tweener” age children while being committed to encourage and resource parents. The candidate would enjoy partnering with the lead pastor to recruit, envision and support leaders in the church who are over and/or serving in various ministries of the church, and help all in our church family discover and serve in their spiritual gifts. The candidate would be able to administrate and grow in their ability to do the same. They would ideally have some experience preaching and/or commitment to grow in their preaching ability.
EBC is a prayer and community focused church with a welcoming demeanor and a strong vision to reach the community, surrounding region, and unreached peoples around the world with the message of God’s grace and forgiveness in Jesus Christ. We are a small city church in a community that bridges the rural and urban mindset. We are a multi-generational church that is comprised of elderly (30%), young families (40%) and middle aged (30%). We are committed to “big church” (Sunday AM) and “small church” (i.e. small groups and all other such expressions) and authentic, growing relationships in Christ.
We are a community of 14,000 located 50 minutes south of Alberta’s capital of Edmonton. Wetaskiwin is a community steeped in Alberta history and has historically served an agriculture based economy. Wetaskiwin has a manufacturing and supply sector and numerous small businesses. It is increasingly becoming a bedroom and acreage community for Edmonton, Leduc and the industrial area of Nisku near the Edmonton International Airport. It is 60 minutes from Red Deer, 20 minutes away from the cities of Leduc and Camrose and 10 minutes from 4 aboriginal (Cree) communities near Maskwacis, AB (formerly Hobbema). Wetaskiwin has all the major amenities, good schools and is an active, family oriented community that is growing. The city has just built a new family recreation and aquatic centre and is engaged in other infrastructure projects.
All applicants must be able to subscribe to and fully affirm the Statement of Faith for the Baptist General Conference of Canada and pass a police background and child welfare intervention check. A Bible college, its equivalent or a seminary education is preferred. This is a full time position with a salary and benefits. Those interested may submit a CV, cover letter and preaching sample (or link to an online preaching sample) by email to the EBC Search Committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15, 2018. Thank you for your interest.
The Associate Pastor is a full-time job that provides spiritual oversight and leadership direction to developing healthy ministries at Hammond Bay Church. A large portion of the Associate Pastor’s focus will be developing Family Ministries in the youth and children’s areas.
The Associate Pastor is responsible to the Deacon’s Board, and reports to the Lead Pastor for day to day ministry.
Who We Are:
- Hammond Bay Baptist Church is affiliated with the Baptist General Conference
- We are located in North Nanaimo, on Vancouver Island, a community of 90,000 people
- We employ two pastors, an administrative assistant and custodians
- We have approximately 100 to 125 attendees each Sunday and are a growing church with a number of newcomers
- We have a healthy Sunday School, junior youth group, senior youth group, men’s groups, women’s groups, and bible studies throughout the year.
- We have outreach activities and church functions, meals, and events
- Guide and lead youth programs, this includes recruiting, training, and coordinating leaders in junior & senior youth.
- Support the Sunday school coordinator in curriculum selection, recruiting and training.
- Guide the curriculum with input from the Lead Pastor.
- Communicate and minister to the families of children and youth for a more holistic approach.
- Help assist and develop ministries within the Church such as care groups and young adults.
- Assist the Lead Pastor in pastoral care to the body through prayer, phone calls, and visitation.
- Required to preach once every eight weeks, not including vacation time.
- Meet weekly with the Lead Pastor for mentoring, prayer, planning and discussion of Church issues.
- Aid in the hiring of summer students for Sunday school and summer programs.
- Provide oversight and guidance to the summer students, their responsibilities, and concerns that may arise.
- Attend and give input to Board and leadership meetings as necessary.
- Ensure that the overall vision of the church is carried out within the Sunday school, youth groups, and young adult programs.
- Assist the Lead Pastor in delegating and overseeing the planning of outreach activities in the surrounding neighbourhoods.
- Assist with the assimilation of new attendees into the Church and work toward creating an inviting environment within the congregation.
- May be responsible for overseeing the Lord's Supper and baptisms and must be available for weddings and funerals as needed.
- Be caring, approachable, and available for counselling or be able to delegate to administrative staff, gifted individuals, or professional counsellors as needed.
How To Apply:
- The Associate Pastor we seek shall be in agreement with the Hammond Bay Baptist Church Constitution, By-Laws, Policies, and Articles of Faith. See our web site at http://www.hammondbaychurch.org
- The Associate Pastor we seek shall have the training deemed necessary for the position. Theological education required.
- To apply, please forward your résumé, cover letter and references to email@example.com
- Please include:
- A current resume - addressing core qualifications and work experience
- A cover letter outlining how you will fit with our organization
- Three references including name, address and phone number
Full Job Description Below:
|Associate Pastor position ad for HBBC.pdf||99.58 KB|
We are a church located in Drayton Valley Alberta, a rural community one hour West of Leduc.
Oil and gas is the primary driver of Drayton Valley's economy (Like many Alberta towns). Agriculture and forestry also play roles in the local economy. A saw mill is located in the town. The population is approximately 7,000 with about 30,000 in the surrounding area. Drayton Valley is home to six public schools that are part of the Wild Rose School Division, and two schools that are part of the Catholic School Division.
We (Calvary Baptist Church) are affiliated with the Baptist General Conference of Canada and we hold to their statement of beliefs. We have been a part of the community for more than 50 years. Our congregation meets regularly on Sundays at 10:30 am for Worship with around 100 in attendance on average. We are a mixture of all ages with notably more young families and seniors. It is our desire to hire someone called to pastor here in this community in the areas of youth and worship (music).
The purpose of a job description is three-fold:
- It gives the church and the Pastor of Youth & Worship an understanding of work expectations.
- The job description protects the Pastor of Youth & Worship from being assigned tasks beyond their immediate responsibilities.
- The job description also gives the church a specific way to evaluate the work performed by the Pastor of Youth & Worship.
No job description can cover every situation or circumstance and therefore it is a general guideline and must be interpreted with some flexibility (flexibility for the pastor and flexibility for the church). Feedback from the church board, pastor and lay ministry volunteers will provide the pastor for Youth & Worship with general guidelines for implementing their ministry.
**Resumes and questions for the Search Committee can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org you can phone the church office for direction (780-542-4774). Not all electronic submissions will be responded to personally. **
|Pastor of Youth and Worship Job Description 2018- Calvary Baptist Drayton Valley.pdf||303.27 KB|
BAPTIST GENERAL CONFERENCE OF SASKATCHEWAN
We are looking for God’s person to lead the BGCS into the future.
The BGCS is a district of the Baptist General Conference of Canada, comprising of an association of like-minded churches across Saskatchewan. We are currently in need of a District Minister to champion and nurture health and growth among our churches. With 13 churches of varying sizes and health in Saskatchewan, the key roles of the District Minister will be to: a) assist churches in becoming healthy, sustainable and disciple producing: and b) facilitate a common purpose and mutual support among the churches in the district.
The position will be a minimum half time position with the possibility of additional affiliative work.
For more information please visit our website: http://www.bgcs.ca/